Good evening Selby,
Here is the weekly update...better late than never. :(
* AACPS will have 2-hour early dismissals this week. On Monday and Tuesday of next week, AACPS will be closed for students.
Selby Tots - 9:30am to 11:30am
Zumba - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Parking Stickers (we do have a new color!) - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Comm. Ctr. Reservations - 7:45pm to 9:00pm
Yoga - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Girls Night Out (GNO) - 7:30pm to 10:00pm
*** Selby Super Bowl Celebration
Event invites will be out soon for the Selby Super Bowl Celebration on Sunday, 1 February from 5:30pm to 10:30pm. Plans include a nacho bar, buffalo wing challenge as well as raffles and football pools! Look for the invite and mark your calendar!! Don't forget to sign up for snack donations!
*** Crafters Needed
Selby Craft Show on 7 February from 9:00am to 3:00pm. Spaces are still available.
*** Board Meeting
Our monthly community meeting will Tuesday, 3 February 7:00pm at the community center.
Have a great week!!
Good evening Selby,
First, AACPS will be opening 2 hours late tomorrow, Monday, 12 January. We are expecting freezing rain beginning around 5:00am tomorrow morning and due to continue to about 9:00am.
- There will be a special tax meeting at the community center beginning at 7:30pm. A copy of the tax budget is posted on the Selby website.
- Zumba will be in full force at the community center beginning at 6:30pm. Drop-ins are welcome.
- Yoga will be destressing folks at the community center beginning at 7:30pm. Drop-Ins are welcome.
- The Selby band jam is back!!! All Selby musicians hop on down to the community center at 8:00pm!
* Chili Cook-Off time!! We'll be having our first Selby Chili Cook-Off on Sunday, 18 January at 4:00pm. Do you have an amazing chili recipe? Would you like one? Check out our Selby Pinterest page for ideas. There will be 5 categories: vegetarian, heat, most original, classic and best taste. Please email SelbyBay@gmail.com if you would like to enter a chili. Include your name, email address, recipe name and category. We will also have plenty of information on Selby's upcoming Neighborhood Watch Program. We are currently looking for block captains. This could be one person or a group of folks.
* Craft Fair - Selby will be having it's first Craft Fair on 7 February from 9:00am until 3:00pm. Spaces are $25 each and table rental is $10. Call 410-693-5405 for more information.
* Upcoming in February, we will have a Super Bowl gathering along with a sign-up potluck. Stay tuned for more information!
I think that's about it for now Selby. Have a great evening and if you have to venture out late tonight or early in the morning, then please be careful.
Good Evening Selby!
PJs inside-out? Ice cubes successfully flushed down toilet? Spoon under pillows? I don't get the last one, but my spoon supply decreased a lot last winter. We're under a Winter Weather Advisory and since this is a clipper system, then it will probably be quick with little accumulation. A good first course to the winter! Now onto our Selby week!
The monthly community meeting will be at 7:00pm at the community center. There will be a representative from the Beverly Beach Neighborhood Watch there to talk about their program and to answer any questions. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
9:30am to 11:30am - Selby Tots
6:30pm to 7:30pm - Zumba
7:00pm to 9:00pm - Key Cards and Parking Stickers
7:45pm to 9:00pm - Community Center Reservations
6:30pm to 7:30pm - Yoga
* "Selby Bay" by SnS. A music group out of Indiana wrote a song about his summers here at Selby beach! Have a listen to the song and I'll post more about this group, their album and the very nice email I was sent.
* Tis the season for exercise!! Zumba is beginning it's new session this week!! Email SOTBReservations@gmail.com for more information. Yoga is coming to Selby! First class is on Thursday. Visit pranastudio.com for registration.
* Selby is having it's first Chili Cook-Off on 18 January at 4pm. Get those recipes together. There will be more information coming soon! Check out chili recipes on the Selby Pinterest Page.
* Selby will be having it's first Craft Show on 7 February from 9:00am to 3:00pm. Call 410-693-5405 for more information. (Flyer posted below and on the website)
I think that's it for this week! Welcome back to school kiddos and good luck on the white stuff!
The annual budget meeting for the Selby On The Bay Special Community Tax Fund (July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016) will be held at the Selby Community Center, on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 7:30 P.M.. The Budget will be open for comments and discussion. The Selby on the Bay Special Community Benefit Tax District includes: Selby on the Bay, Selby Heights, and North Selby. A hardcopy will be distributed within the next couple days.