Good evening Selby!
Here's your weekly update for the week of 23 November.
* Zumba - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Last time before Thanksgiving!
* Key Fobs and Parking Stickers - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Parking stickers have changed! New ones are green!
* Community Center Reservations - 7:30pm to 9:00pm
Reservations, deposits, questions
* Selby Holiday Celebration - 5:30pm to 10:00pm
Make sure you sign up to contribute to our Selby Holiday Celebration on 5 December:
Donations can be brought down to the Community Center between 5:00pm and 5:30pm. Please bring your own beverages. The party gets underway at 5:30. Don't forget to wear your ugly sweater for the Ugly Sweater Contest! There will also be a 50/50 Raffle. Bring the kids down to make a holiday craft and to visit with Santa from 6:30pm to 7:30pm. Don't forget your camera!! Hop on down and celebrate the beginning of the holiday season with friends and neighbors!
* Firehouse Santa hosted by the Woodland Beach Volunteer Fire Department
Santa will be coming to Selby by fire truck and visit everyone at the Community Center at 7pm on Sunday, 7 December. Please bring a wrapped gift that is clearly labelled with boy/girl and recommended age. If you have any coats that your family has outgrown and are still in good condition, then think about giving them to Santa too and he will distribute them to folks who need to keep warm this winter.
* AACPS will be closed from 24 - 28 November. 24-25 November are reserved for student conferences.
* Edgewater Books is collecting money to donate to an anonymous family to use for food during the holidays. Please think about donating what you can to make a family amazingly happy this holiday season. If you have children who would like to help with the shopping and delivery, then please contact Edgewater Books (Books@edgewaterbooks.com). Please donate through the link below:
* A Teen Bank is in the process of being created. A Teen Bank is a listing of Selby teens who are looking for and willing to work for neighbors. The holidays are approaching and eventually snow and folks will be looking for babysitters and snow shovelers. If you have a teen who is interested in earning a little spending cash, then please email their name, age, interest (babysitting, lawn mowing, snow shoveling, pet sitting, etc.), any experience, parent/guardian and contact info. Teen's names will not be posted on the internet. If you are looking for help, then please email with your request. Send emails to: SelbyBay@gmail.com.
I think that's about it for now. Have a great Thanksgiving Selby. Stay safe, enjoy the football games and be careful of that turkey coma. Please drink responsibly!
Good Evening Selby!
Here is your late yet still timely weekly update for the week of 17 November.
Wednesday, 19 November
Selby Tots - 9:30-11:00am - Selby Community Center
If you have a little one and would like to meet some Selby moms, then hop down to the community center on Wednesday morning!
Zumba - 6:30-7:00pm - Selby Community Center
The holidays are coming and with them come extra calories! This is the second to the last Zumba before Thanksgiving! Drop ins are $10 and also welcome!
Selby Holiday Celebration
Selby will be celebrating the holidays on the 1st Friday Happy Hour - 5 December. Times are still being worked out, but you can sign-up for the potluck at:
Santa will be there for photo opps and don't forget to wear to your ugly Christmas sweater and join on in the Ugly Christmas Sweater contest!
Great American Smoke-Out
The Great American Smoke-Out is Wednesday, 19 November. This is an annual event where folks all over the U.S. crush out their smokes for a day and hopefully more. If you were ever looking for a good day, then Wednesday may be it!!
We've been updating the Selby Pinterest page. Please feel free to like one or all of boards and hopefully the ideas will add to your special holidays!!
Free Little Library
A big thank you goes out to Bill Harding for putting up the Free Little Library that Edgewater Books has asked us to watch over. I've put a few children's books in it so that kids can come down and swap out books since most kids don't have the keys to the clubhouse to access the other book rack. I think this is a wonderful way for kids to get their hands on reading materials in their own time.
Yoga will be coming to Selby in January. Look for registration information coming soon.
Thanks and have a great week!!!
Good evening Selby,
Here's your week in review for 10 November 2014
AACPS - 2 hr early dismissal
Veterans' Day - Hug a vet today! Actually, hug any of our military men and women! They put their butts on the line for all of us!
AACPS - Report Cards!! Woo Hoo!! No use hiding them now kiddies! Mom and Dad know!!
Zumba - 6:30-7:30pm at the community center. $10 walk-ins
Key Cards and Parking Stickers - 7:00-9:00pm - we have new parking stickers! Everyone needs a new one!
Community Center Reservations - 7:45-9:00pm - Hop on down with questions, dates and/or deposits.
- Food Drive - We're doing well! We need to beat our record of 45lbs! Leave food donations in the bin by the bathrooms in the clubhouse. We're also accepting pet food!!
- New Year's Eve - We will have an event for New Year's Eve at the clubhouse. Save the date!
- If you have kayaks on the rack, then now would be the time to take them down and bring them home for the winter! Kayaks left on the rack will become property of the SCA.
Thanks and have a great week!!
This is the last night to register your business for the Selby Small Business Bazaar. $20 per table, first come, first serve, 10 tables left. I will be at the clubhouse from 6:00pm - 7:00pm. Thanks!
Good Evening Selby!! Here's your weekly update!!
Monday, 3 November
6:00pm - 7:00pm
This will be the last night that I will be at the clubhouse to accept registration and payment for a table for the Selby Small Business Bazaar. If there are not at least 10 businesses registered and paid by the end of this week, then I will have to cancel the event. If the event is cancelled, then everyone who has registered so far will received their money back. Tables are $20 and the business bazaar will take place 16 November from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
Tuesday, 4 November
AACPS will be closed for ELECTION DAY!! Get out there are vote! Voting is your civic right and responsibility and it gives you the right to complain about whoever ends up in office!! ;)
Wednesday, 5 November
9:30am - 11:00am
Come on out to the clubhouse with your children and make new friends or say "Hey!" to friends already made!
6:30pm - 7:30pm
Dance off those pounds with Selby Zumba!! Drop ins are only $10.
Friday, 7 November
7:00pm - 10:00pm
1st Friday Happy Hour
Hop on down with your choice of beverage and a snack to share and just decompress from the work week, meet some neighbors and just take it easy.
The food drive is still going and will run through 15 November. Please deposit nonperishable food items in the bin across from the bathrooms in the community center. Please no glass or expired food. Pet food will also be accepted and will be donated to the SPCA who provides food to low income families to help keep pets out of shelters and in loving homes.
If you have any questions about any of the above, then please email SelbyBay@gmail.com.
Thanks Selby and have a great week!!