Good morning Selby!!
I've got a few updates for ya. Ready?
1. We'd like to put up the swim nets on Sunday at 11am. Any helpers? The more hands we have, the quicker they get up. The jellies are already here.
2. I was at the beach the other day and noticed someone with their dog up on the swim platform. Please let me reiterate that dogs are not allowed on the beach or in the swim area or on the swim platforms. Please feel free to let your pup have a swim on the left or right side of the main swim area that is marked off by the swim net pilings.
3. Today we will be making butterfly feeders at the clubhouse at 4pm. We are expecting very strong storms this afternoon. I will be watching the weather closely and the activity will be postponed if there are storms in the area. Postponement will be announced on Facebook, Nextdoor and the website.
4. We have a heat advisory for our area today. Temperatures are expected to soar into the high 90's with the humidity pushing the heat index into the 100's. The heat advisory is in effect from 1pm to 7pm. A heat advisory means "that a period of high temperatures is expected. The combination of high temperatures and high humidity will create a situation in which heat illnesses are possible." Please make sure that animals that are outside have shady spots and plenty of fresh, cold water to drink. PLEASE DO NOT leave pets inside a car. Even with the windows cracked/down the temperatures rise quickly and can be fatal. There is no such thing as "just a minute". Check on elderly neighbors to make sure they have working AC. Limit activity outside.
5. There is a high chance for severe storms this afternoon. Some may carry high winds, hail and threats of yet more tornado warnings. The storms will usher in a cold front making for cooler temps for the next couple days.
I think that's about it for now! Remember, Zumba is tomorrow evening and yoga's last class is Thursday. Looking for folks interested in another yoga session. Yoga is a great, low impact strengthening exercise.