Good evening Selby!
First, let me apologize for not taking the time to change the group photo. Hopefully I'll be able to do that soon. Second, here is your weekly update for the week of 5 July.
5:00pm to 5:30pm - Selby Summer Reading Club (always looking for newbies)
7:00pm to the end - SCA/Community Meeting (everyone is welcome)
9:30am to 11:30am - Selby Tots
6:30pm to 7:30pm - Zumba
7:00pm to 9:00pm - Key fobs, parking stickers, boat ramp keys
7:45pm to 9:00pm - Community Center Reservations
11:00am to noon - Science of Thunderstorms (all ages)
* A big thank you to Melissia Wagenfuehr Stevens and the American Legion for putting together the parade through Selby as well as music, games, activities and finally the fireworks! It was a wonderful day and excellent evening!!
* Congrats to this year's King and Queen of the Selby Children's Parade - Chase Bareuther and Chloe Bareuther! We all had a fun time parading around the block and thank you to everyone who came out to see the kids!
* We are planning a Selby party to say goodbye to summer under the full moon in August! The Selby Howl-At-The-Moon will be on 29 August. I will be putting together a Sign Up Genius this week, but right now I'd like to ask if there are any musicians and/or DJs that would like to donate their time and services to the community? If you are interested, then please email SelbyBay@gmail.com. Also, if anyone would like to donate any services or products to auction off that day, then please let me know that as well!
* If you participated in the Writing Adventure Story activity and if you are finished your story and would like for it to be published in the newsletter, then please email it to me at SelbyBay@gmail.com.
* As if we haven't heard enough about sharks...Shark Week on Discovery is this week!!
* Lastly, we haven't had a poll in quite a while. In honor of National Ice Cream Month, what do you prefer - vanilla or chocolate? Results will be posted in the July edition of The Bay Winds.
I believe that's it for this week. Hey! One more thing...please pay attention to stop signs around the neighborhood and leaving the neighborhood.