The Selby Community Association (SCA) welcomes you to our community website. The SCA is the non-profit organization responsible for the maintenance, protection and improvement of our Selby-on-the-Bay community. This site was developed as a resource to facilitate community, local and statewide interchange of information. We appreciate your patience as we grow and redesign our site according to the needs of our community. We hope that we can keep the information useful and current so as to help the residents of Selby and others take advantae of the wonderful advantages and convenience of the Internet.
Do you have an idea about an event you'd like to see in our new clubhouse? They let us know!
Community Center Reservations, Community Center Key Cards and Parkings Stickers
Community center reservations, community center key cards and parking stickers are available every other Wednesday night from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. Down payments are required to reserve a date for an event at the Community Center. Identification is needed to pick up a key card and a registration is needed to pick up a parking sticker. Please see the community center page for more information.
(send email to:)
South River High
This Week In Selby 27 October 2013
Whoa Nellie! Here We Go! (Socials)
If you'd like to contribute to the Community Center Building Fund Drive, then please send a check to:
P.O. Box 599
Mayo, MD 21106
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
MAKES: 30 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey,divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, 1 tablespoon honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape a heaping tablespoonful of dough into a 6-in. log. In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; roll log in cinnamon-sugar. Loosely coil log into a spiral shape; place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat, placing cookies 1 in. apart. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. In a small bowl, melt baking chocolate with remaining honey; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
December Cookies ~ Click Here!
Stay connected to your community!
4 December 2013